November 16, 2014

The incentive to blog

Having a degree in Finance and Economics gives me an advantage of seeing the world in charts and graphs. There is some incentive to blog. Actually, too many ways to name all of them!

I'd say that blogging is a form of a diary. I still keep a hand written diary, but being able to express my thoughts and views with my understanding is a better way of expressing myself and I try to make it helpful by giving myself to you (my reader).


Blogging can be a side hustle, it can generate income, and it can be a great form of expression. It's not just work, it's art. I am crafting something here, but expecting a return on my time investment. It is born from passion. The currency comes as a means from that passion.


Information age.

We're in the age of information. People now have access to the entirety of human knowledge in the palm of their hands. This collective knowledge database, the internet, is a source for almost everything, especially cat pictures.

The importance in this is that now a villager in Indonesia or Timbuktu with even a 10 year old Personal Computer and an ethernet connection can share with you, me, and schoolchildren who will never visit these places, his experiences, culture, and local habitat.


 Blogging vs. Publishing vs. Authorship








What constitutes a "rich" life?



No comments: